Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server On OSX 10.9.1 HDD Setup

I would like to configure my second 1TB HDD on my new server to help with performance as I already backups being made on my timecapsule.

My question is, will doing this setup and adding the HDD to an array earse and format both HDD or just the second HDD that doesnt have the OS on it?

Thanks

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 2:13 PM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2014 2:20 AM in response to travisb6989

Hi Travisb6989,

Best option would be to make a bootable clone with diskutility or CarbonCopyCloner of your server on an external drive, timemachine backup will only work for restoring separate files, but putting back a full clone will be a lot faster. Then prepare an OS on a usb stick or external drive to boot from.

Boot from the USB stick or external disk, then use disk utility to setup the 2 drives in a RAID 0 or 1 configuration. Speed of safety. When that is done, use disk utility to restore the dmg clone image to the new drive.

When that's done, reboot and you would have the same setup as before but now on a set of 2 drives.

Goodluck!

Jeffrey

Server On OSX 10.9.1 HDD Setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.