Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot login after restore to factory image.

Hi guys,

Recently I have been experiencing some random issues with browsing on my Mid 2010 iMac 22" and after extensive testing with my ISP / modem I decided to try a factory restore. Using Command + R I restored to the most recent OS (Mavericks) without issue, however this had no influence on the browsing issues. For clarrification, the browsing issues were random 'load, don't load or long delay' while accessing a website, across multiple browsers (Safari, Firefox & Chrome). Hence my belief that the issue was deeper than just the 3rd party software.

After the restore to Mavericks did nothing for me I decided to restore from the DVD's (Snow Leopard). After this restore and a restore of my data from Time Machine I cannot login to my profile. Entering any known password (or no password) results in the 'wrong password' shake from the login dialogue. I can login to a Temp profile that was created in order to restore my own. Have tried the usual password reset via boot to console etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Peter.

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 3:15 PM

There are no replies.

Cannot login after restore to factory image.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.