Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a new iMac and have Mavericks on it. I installed my Epson Stylus Photo 1400 printer with drivers from the App store. However, there are no options for print quality, paper type, photo paper size, etc. How can I get these?

I bought a new iMac and have Mavericks on it. I installed my Epson Stylus Photo 1400 printer with drivers from the App store. However, there is no options for print quality, paper type, photo paper size, etc. How can I get these?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 3:22 PM

6 replies

Feb 9, 2014 6:44 PM in response to Charlie925

Did you try the 'Show Details' button at the bottom of the print dialog box?

I don't have your printer, but most printers have similar details but are hidden by default:

User uploaded file

This gives paper size, page range, and orientation.

User uploaded file

In this example, clicking on Safari reveals Media & Quality, Layout, Paper Handling (which tray, if you have a choice) and other settings:

User uploaded file

Mar 18, 2014 9:19 PM in response to Julia Shartzer

Also check the 'Presets' selection buttons, just under the Printer: selection at the top

There are likely photo-paper selections to be found there and that may unlock other settings as well.

Some printer manufacturers 'lock' certain settings to the kind of paper you're using so that you don't completely saturate a sheet of plain paper with the same amount of ink appropriate for an expensive photo paper, or attempt to print an 8.5 x 11 image on a 4x6 sheet of paper.

Which version of iPhoto are you using?

Any specific size or effect you're trying to accomplish?

Message was edited by: kostby

I bought a new iMac and have Mavericks on it. I installed my Epson Stylus Photo 1400 printer with drivers from the App store. However, there are no options for print quality, paper type, photo paper size, etc. How can I get these?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.