Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best cable modem to use with the new Airport Extreme 802.11ac?

I'm going to remake my whole wireless system by buying a new Airport Extreme, and I have to connect through Time Warner Cable. Does it matter which cable modem I buy? Is there a modem that works better with the Extreme?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 4:07 PM

2 replies

Feb 9, 2014 5:17 PM in response to Rex McGee1

You can start to narrow down your choices with the list of approved modems for use with Time Warner.

Reduce that down further by looking at modems only.......not modem/WiFi devices.

Buy Your Modem | Time Warner Cable

Not long after I mention that I have had flawless performance with a Netgear CMD31T with the AirPort Extreme since I installed it about 8 months ago.........another user will likely post to trash the product and swear by another modem from another manufacturer.

But, that would be normal for online forums.

Mar 27, 2014 4:17 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Hi Bob,

I've got the same combination--Netgear CMD31T and Airport Extreme--though I'm having issues with the "default" AirPort Extreme settings configured by selecting "Create a Wireless Network" option upon resetting the AirPort Extreme. Oh, and my Internet provider is Bright House. Might you have altered some settings from their defaults to get the connectivity? Thanks!

I've also created a discussion in this forum that details my configuration.

gary

What is the best cable modem to use with the new Airport Extreme 802.11ac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.