Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add pictures to iPhoto

how do I add pictures to I photo. I have several pictures I would like to add to iphoto and would like to create new folders with the proper dates on them but not sure how to do that?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 5:17 PM

To add pictures to iPhoto: Open iPhoto>File>import to iPhoto > choose photo(s) for importing into iPhoto

To create a new iPhoto album: Highlight the photo(s) you've just imported while viewing them in iPhoto and then click File>new album> Name the album

I'm not sure about how to edit the date tags for the actual photos themselves using iPhoto but if it's just the album itself that needs to display the correct date you can do that when naming (or renaming) the album, i.e." My dog Sadie - Jan 2014"

If you need to change the date tag for an actual photo, try the iPhoto room here at ASC if no one provides an answer on this thread.

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2014 5:17 PM in response to dale afromwyandotte

To add pictures to iPhoto: Open iPhoto>File>import to iPhoto > choose photo(s) for importing into iPhoto

To create a new iPhoto album: Highlight the photo(s) you've just imported while viewing them in iPhoto and then click File>new album> Name the album

I'm not sure about how to edit the date tags for the actual photos themselves using iPhoto but if it's just the album itself that needs to display the correct date you can do that when naming (or renaming) the album, i.e." My dog Sadie - Jan 2014"

If you need to change the date tag for an actual photo, try the iPhoto room here at ASC if no one provides an answer on this thread.

Good luck!

add pictures to iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.