Related Article: Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer contacts to my new iPhone from my Mac computer?

The transfer at the Apple store from my old phone (Samsung Droid) only transferred a few contacts into my new iPhone.

How do I transfer contacts from my Mac computer to my iPhone (since the transfer from the old phone wasn't complete)?

Thank you.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 6:17 PM

15 replies

Sep 16, 2014 7:09 AM in response to Roses333

Use your Mac Address Book and sync your iPhone with iTunes. From the Info tab, under Contacts, make sure to select “Address Book” from the drop-down menu before you sync.
I am not sure whether it works on Mac, but you can use copytrans contacts to transfer the contacts too (in case you do not want to use iTunes sync):

Finally, you can simply use the iCloud app and install it on your Mac. Make sure to enable iCloud contact sync on your iPhone. Then import contacts from your Mac to your iCloud application, this will move and sync the contact entries to your iPhone.

Nov 4, 2014 6:03 PM in response to Roses333

Open contacts and under edit hit "select all". All contacts should be highlighted. Open a finder window, select airdop, and allow it to find your iphone (you may have to make both the mac and the phone visible to everyone). Drag the contacts to the phone in the airdop window. Accept the transfer on your phone. When the contact window opens there will be a selction to "transfer all ## contacts". Select, chose create new contacts, and they will transfer.

Nov 21, 2014 12:16 AM in response to Roses333

Hi, Roses333

Here is how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac.

- Open i-tunes on your Mac computer that you sync it to

- Plug in your phone to the computer

- open "Address book" window's address book program. Kinda lame, but it works. Its under start-programs-accessories

- Back to iTunes, click on the phone icon on the left

- Click on the Info, and under "Contacts" (the first one) check "sync contacts from" and then pick "Windows address book" from the drop down menu

- Click all contacts

- Then at the bottom right of iTunes, click "Sync" It will ask you if you want to merge or replace. Make sure you select "MERGE" or it will delete your contacts on the phone.

Jul 26, 2015 1:28 PM in response to Chris CA

I don't know if this applies, but I just lost my iPhone 4, replaced it with a 6, synced everything...fine...but my CONTACTS, which were fully updated in my Address Book on my Mac...did not transfer. Could not figure it out.

The AT&T guy solved the problem! On the new phone, you have to go to the iCloud section in Settings to TURN OFF the Contacts button. When you've turned that off, your screen on your Mac (you should do this while plugged in) will ONLY THEN allow you to SYNC CONTACTS in your iTunes account. It worked immediately and then I just turned the Contacts button back to green in iCloud section so the contacts also sync with the Cloud. Done! All contacts saved! Whew!

How do I transfer contacts to my new iPhone from my Mac computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.