Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AVCFPlayerAppliesMediaSelectionCriteriaAutomaticallyKey Entry Point not found

I have not been able to get itunes to work since the last update. First it had an error stating to try to download the update only, which I did. However, it failed update itunes on my PC (windows 7). I have completely uninstalled itunes. downloaded the lastest version, and it installs, but an Entry Point Not Found Error occurs when I open the program.

I have even tried a restore of my computer back a month and still have the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated............

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 6:17 PM

1 reply

Feb 22, 2014 11:32 PM in response to Lorny24

"The procedure entry point AVCPlayerAppliesMediaSelectionCriteriaAutomaticallyKey could not be located in the dynamic link library AVFoundationCF.dll"

🙂 Some progress on this error.

That one can be produced if you have an older version of Apple Application Support on the PC than is required by iTunes version 11.1.4.62. (The required version of Apple Application Support is included in the standard iTunes installers, but for some reason it hasn't been updating properly for some folks.)

Let's try updating your Apple Application Support to version 3.0 by doing a standalone Apple Application Support install.

Download and save a copy of the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64setup.exe) installer file to your hard drive:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Download and install the free trial version of WinRAR:

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Right-click the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64Setup.exe), and select "Extract to iTunesSetup" (or "Extract to iTunes64Setup"). WinRAR will expand the contents of the file into a folder called "iTunesSetup" (or "iTunes64Setup").

Go into the folder and doubleclick the AppleApplicationSupport.msi to do a standalone AAS install.

Does it install properly for you? If so, can you launch iTunes without the error now?

If instead you get an error message during the install, let us know what it says. (Precise text, please.)

AVCFPlayerAppliesMediaSelectionCriteriaAutomaticallyKey Entry Point not found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.