Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes gift card redeemed with camera feature

Beyond upset. Used the iphone camera scan feature to upload a $25 itunes gift card. It showed captured info & credited to account at the time. Go figure, less than a couple days later, the credit has disappeared. I was wondering why my credit card was billed for a movie I purchased this weekend. Super bummed I threw the gift card away. Lesson learned. DO NOT USE THIS FEATURE & KEEP ALL USED gift CARDS!! Sent in an email to customer service. Not very confident they will be able to retrieve credit or believe me.

iPhone 4, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 6:50 PM

This makes NO SENSE. I found the credit. On an old itunes account i havent used in years. How the credit got posted to this account is beyond me as my current account is what was used at the time of the upload and is on all of my devices. What a cluster****.

8 replies

Feb 9, 2014 6:58 PM in response to Chris CA

No it wasn't. I havent used that account in years and had to do a password reset to check it. I am currently signing out of my current account to put in the OLD accout in order to use the credit.

I did not intentially plan on having multiple accounts. Years ago I had MAJOR issues with the first account signing in. It would have me resetting my password over & over. So I set up a different account & hasnt been an issue since. Since you asked.

Feb 9, 2014 7:04 PM in response to tinatirtsch

Do you have iOS 7 on your iPhone? Out of curiosity, is the old Apple ID the one that you used to originally activate the iPhone? Since you say you were logged into iTunes and App store with the new one, I am just wondering. Also, I've never tried this, does this camera feature use the regular iTunes app on the iPhone, or does it require an additional app?

itunes gift card redeemed with camera feature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.