Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What update do I need to get Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b) to run Apple TV?

What update do I need to get Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b) to run Apple TV? I have been told its about $19.95 aus can someone please give me a link so I can get the correct update to run the Apple Tv through my Mac

Thanks 🙂

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 11:02 PM

5 replies

Feb 10, 2014 7:52 AM in response to tesskim

No update is going to make a computer "run" AppleTV.

If you are referring to using AirPlay Mirroring to display the Mac on the AppleTV, that requires OSX 10.8 or higher.

Requirements for AirPlay in OS X

User uploaded file

An Apple TV;

A supported Mac

AirPlay Mirroring in OS X takes advantage of the hardware capabilities of recent Macs to deliver high frame rates while maintaining optimal system performance. The following Mac models support AirPlay Mirroring::

• iMac (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (Late 2013)

Feb 13, 2014 4:51 AM in response to tesskim

THanks diesel vdub I was referring to airplay,

My pro doesn't seem to have the option of turn on AirPlay to mirror

My Mac is about 2 years old so doesn't exceed mid 2011 so I think the dates are slightly wrong when it comes to having the capabilities of AirPlay option for my model, my Apple TV is about 1 month old, and I would just like a link to go to upgrade my mac book pro model, so I can have that option to play Apple TV , I'm having trouble navigating to try and find the info on which update I need to purchase and download.

THanks for your time 🙂

What update do I need to get Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b) to run Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.