Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home button in Apps window

Hi. My grand-daughter has just rung me to say that her 4S Iphone which she has just bought now has the home button among her apps on the first screen. Her proper home button works and when she presses the one on the screen a menu comes up on the screen with Siri, Control Panel, Favourites and another item.

She said she thinks she might have done something in Settings when she was setting the IPhone up. She can move it around on the screen but cannot delete it. Via Facetime I tried to help her but couldn't delete it at all and couldn't find what she might have done in settings. Any ideas from anyone? I've never seen this before. Thanks in advance

iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 11:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 12:05 PM

Hello jo_annefromqld,

This is due to Guided Access being enabled. Disabling Guided Access will remove the home button from your granddaughter's home screen.

Tap Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access to set up Guided Access. From there you can:

• Turn Guided Access on or off
  • Set a passcode that controls the use of Guided Access and prevents someone from leaving an active session
  • Set whether the device can go to sleep during a session

iOS: About Guided Access

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5509

Cheers,

Allen

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2014 12:05 PM in response to jo-annefromqld

Hello jo_annefromqld,

This is due to Guided Access being enabled. Disabling Guided Access will remove the home button from your granddaughter's home screen.

Tap Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access to set up Guided Access. From there you can:

• Turn Guided Access on or off
  • Set a passcode that controls the use of Guided Access and prevents someone from leaving an active session
  • Set whether the device can go to sleep during a session

iOS: About Guided Access

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5509

Cheers,

Allen

Home button in Apps window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.