Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Virus/Takeover

Hello,

I think I may have a virus on my iPhone. I have read the previous discussions saying this is highly unlikely but pleas read on.

Somebody accessed my facebook account and started private messaging people asking for nude pictures. They changed the password on this Facebook account. They also gained access to my email and changed password on that. I managed to recover theses accounts using my iPad.

Also whenever I look at my photos my iPhone new ones often appear there of random things like fat women. I did not take or save theses.

I feel that someone has taken over my iPhone.

iPhone 5 iOS 7

Your help is much appreciated.

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 11:54 PM

8 replies

Feb 10, 2014 12:11 AM in response to ckuan

Yes I have read that the only way to get a virus on an iPhone is if it is jail broken.

I had a password that was complex and unique.

The other thing that makes me suspicious is when I got my facebook account back I logged on to see where it had been signed in from.

Only two devices. My iPhone and my iPad which suggests to me that someone was using my iPhone.

How do we explain that and the picture adding??

As I said earlier I did modify an app using iExplorer with some code I got online. So although not jail broken I did edit an app.

It is not unlocked.

Feb 10, 2014 12:43 AM in response to ckuan

Do you think that I should restore my iphone and ipad? If so do I do this on the device like restore to factory settings or do I plug into my laptop to do this.

I'm confused as when these pictures are being taken I'm asleep so I know that my phone is locked. Same with the Facebook messages etc. I am more concerned for my internet banking.

Please advice if you think I should reset. Thanks.

Feb 10, 2014 2:41 AM in response to chrisking73

chrisking73 wrote:

Do you think that I should restore my iphone and ipad? If so do I do this on the device like restore to factory settings or do I plug into my laptop to do this.

I'm confused as when these pictures are being taken I'm asleep so I know that my phone is locked. Same with the Facebook messages etc. I am more concerned for my internet banking.

Please advice if you think I should reset. Thanks.

Restore from backup

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

iPhone Virus/Takeover

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.