Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new Apple TV screen freezes and I cannot move cursor to SETTINGS. I have tried pressing both buttons down, followed by taking plug out and putting it in.

I have pressed both Menu and Down buttons for 6 seconds, removed plug and replaced it.

The screen is still frozen with movies on top line, and other boxes below it--but cursor cannot move to settings.

Help, the Apple TV is only a week old!!

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 12:45 AM

9 replies

Feb 18, 2014 8:37 AM in response to MagicJosh

Hi,

I had this same infuriating problem a couple of days ago. I would switch off everthing, inc Apple TV, take ALL leads out. put back in and restart and still cursor in fixed/ frozen position. I tried everything. And then by shear luck/ process of elimination and I managed to guess a key press combination on silver apple tv remote and it worked!! can't remember exactly, but think it was menu+down or menu+left. just try a few combinaitons and it will work. you'll get a sign pop up in top left hand side of screen which looks something like the remote in middle with two square shapes either side of remote shape. and then it will work. trick is to keep buttons pressed for at least 6-7 secs. All apple products have a similar process for restarting or resetting. It would really help if Apple could have a quick guide to restarting/ resetting their products on their website. Would save so much anguish!

Mukesh

Feb 19, 2014 2:20 PM in response to mkavia

just try a few combinaitons and it will work. you'll get a sign pop up in top left hand side of screen which looks something like the remote in middle with two square shapes either side of remote shape.

You un-paired the remote. If this fixed it then it means you paired ATV to some other remote control. That would cause ATV to stop responding to this remote if you paired ( or locked it ) to another remote.

Feb 27, 2014 5:55 PM in response to Brian Cook4

I have exactly the same problem. Screen is frozen in the same place. There are no other bluetooth devices in my place for the remote to pair to. I am using my backup remote today, but that has never been a problem in the past The hardware/software has always allowed me to access setup and pair to whichever remote I wish to use.

Can't find the 2nd remote at the moment.

Any ideas. I've done the plug oof/plug back in thing.

My new Apple TV screen freezes and I cannot move cursor to SETTINGS. I have tried pressing both buttons down, followed by taking plug out and putting it in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.