Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrade iOS from 7

Greetings,

I replaced my aged 3GS which was running OS 6.1.3 to a new 4S unit which I got under a very good exchange offer a week ago. My 4S is I believe a November import and hence seems to have come with OS 7 pre-installed. I'm sad to say the User Interface is not at all to my liking, I've tried various 'motion tweaks' but I can't seem to appreciate this version of iOS.

Could someone advise me on how I may install the last & latest version of iOS 6 on my phone please. Would greatly appreciate any help : ))).

Thanks in Advance.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 2:14 AM

6 replies

Feb 10, 2014 10:36 PM in response to Maky313

Yes. You can only Update to the Current Signed by Apple Version of iOS for your Device.

Anything else is Not Supported by Apple.

Maky313 wrote:

Could someone advise me on how I may install the last & latest version of iOS 6 on my phone please

As Stated Downgrading iOS has never been Supported by Apple.

If you are having Issues with your 4s on iOS 7...

Try this discussion...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5728590?answerId=24319204022#24319204022

Feb 10, 2014 11:43 PM in response to AnaMusic

Well Alright.

The only issue I have with iOS 7 is that I find it excessively colourful and daft. Also, I can't help but think that my phone would be faster if I had a version OS 6 on it. I remember how quick/slow my 3GS ran iOS 6 & the 4S should have run it much quicker I reckon.

Oh well...

Thanks for the replies everyone I hope maybe apple will change their mind and let us run iOS6 on our new devices.

Downgrade iOS from 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.