Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic not charging after sync

When I plug my iPod Classic into my computer, it syncs up normally with iTunes, and the battery icon gives a "charging" indication. But when it finishes the sync and says "OK to disconnect", the icon stops showing the charging symbol, and the iPod stops charging itself. It only shows the charging icon for the few seconds while it's actually on the "Connected to iPod" screen and syncing up. The battery is now almost dead and I am at my wits' end. It only started doing this recently, I suspect due to some update or another. Help?

iPod classic, Windows 8

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 2:49 AM

2 replies

Apr 13, 2014 4:32 AM in response to Jimbru

I've just had the same problem and couldn't find any answers. You may have found this out by now but thankfully you can still charge the iPod at least...

Open iTunes and click on preferences (either from the small box in top left, or under edit); click on devices; make sure "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically" is ticked; Click OK.

Now when you plug in your iPod the "Connected - Eject before disconnecting" screen should remain and it should charge. Then do any syncs after it's fully charged.

iPod Classic not charging after sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.