Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail folders not alphabetical

After upgrading to Mavericks, my carefully organized Mail folders are no longer in alphabetical order. This is for a Gmail account. The folders appear to be in a random order, such as "last folder accessed" or something like that.

I have looked at other posts on this Mail/alphabetical issue but have not yet found a solution (checking and unchecking "enable this account" does not affect the alphabetizing of the folder listing). Can anyone describe a solution to get the Mail folder listing back into alphabetical order?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 5:03 AM

11 replies

May 30, 2014 1:44 PM in response to webster84

Unfortunately Apple don't give a flying fig that they cause so many problems. We are the unpaid testing bed whilst they pick up the money. Mavericks has the right name for a very undeveloped and compromised OS. Apple may see this as a brave new world trying to make a platform work on phones, iPads, tablets and desktops but it is just full of holes which we have to spend our time altering settings and losing features that always worked before. I have never come across such an arrogant comnpany that have such little regard for their customers and just do not bother to fix issues. This is not new. There are countless times in the past when fixes have been promised by Apple but they have simply not delivered them. Everything is on their terms. No answers on these forums although, Apple monitor them and when you supply feedback via Mail toolbar or through the Apple website there is absolutely no feedbacd from them. It is a ridiculous situation to push out badly designed and compromised software and leave everyone struggling to use platforms that previously worked really well. I am not best pleased.

Jul 10, 2014 8:00 AM in response to webster84

If you haven't found the solution yet, try this:

Go to Mail Preferences, then select Accounts and choose your Gmail account. Under the 'Advanced' tab, there's an option to 'Enable this account'. Uncheck the box, close window, and quit Mail. Restart Mail, go back to preferences and re-Enable the account, and the folders will now appear alphabetical.

Hope that helps!

Mail folders not alphabetical

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.