Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

show timecode in 10.0.2?

i must be missing something here. but is there a way to show your elapsed time in a movie you're editing? i only see the total duration above the timeline, but i cannot see an elapsed time. does anyone know how to show this? thanks.

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 6:53 AM

bscepter wrote:

does anyone know how to show this?

Unfortunately, you can't.

Matt

7 replies

Feb 10, 2014 7:31 AM in response to bscepter

bscepter wrote:

seriously? that has to be one of the most important features in any nonlinear editing system.

I agree.

bscepter wrote:

i wonder why they'd remove it.

It may be that it wasn't so much removed as it was left out.

Version 10 is a major rewrite of the app to, among other things, add 64 bit compatibility. So maybe they just didn't get around to putting in. Hopefully, it will show up in an update.

I agree it's a pretty basic feature, though I never really liked the way it was implemented in version 9.

Let Apple know you want it back by sending feedback here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/imovie.html

Matt

Sep 8, 2014 8:49 PM in response to bscepter

You can sort of figure out the time code by hitting the full-screen button in the preview, and then scrubbing around with the QuickTime viewer until you see the scene you want. It's a fairly horrible method, but if you're trying to communicate with someone about it (like "look at the bit around 7:25-7:35) it's better than nothing.

show timecode in 10.0.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.