Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Time Capsule

I installed a new AP Time Capsule over the week end and all went well until I reached the point where a persistent amber blinking light indicating that the APTC needs to be connected to my Verizon router via a Ethernet cable. Does the APTC require this connection? I assumed that I could connect it wirelessly since everthing else has a wireless capability.. I have all of my components(MacMini, printer, Smart reader) connected via wireless connections thru the same router.

Mac OS X (10.7.5), New Mac Mini

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 6:37 AM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2014 1:34 PM in response to tonyszalk

You can ..

See this discussion where I have shown lots of screenshots of the method.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5719954?tstart=0

But you should NOT do it.

There is a difference between what you CAN do and what you SHOULD do..

The result of this method is that the TC will be slow and unreliable.

All you need is an ethernet cable from the main router to the TC wan port and the TC in bridge mode.. then it can work just fine. (well it would if Apple got their act together and produced a decent firmware for the new AC wireless TC.. for now your setup can be 100% reliable to 100% the pits.. depending on factors like the phase of the moon or the wind direction.. and the nature of the wood sprites.)

AirPort Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.