Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP with 50P on FCP

Hi everyone, I REALLY need help with this!

I have been using FCP with footage from my Sony A77 for a while now.

I normally film in AVCHD 50i 24M (FX) and have no problems using Log and Transfer to get the footage into Final Cut.

However I just changed from 50i to 50p and now when i use the same workflow I get a message that says:

WARNING

"NO NAME" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media.

I have looked of forums and tried to use other software like Brorsoft to convert, but it just comes up saying error.

The cards are good, and it only seems to be when I am using the 50p settings.

Please help, I have a load of footage which I can't get into final cut (tried with a friends premier Pro and it worked fine).

Current system details:

iMac

Mac OS X 10.6.8

Final Cut Pro Studio 2 HD

Final Cut Pro 6 V. 6.0.6

Thanks!

Final Cut Pro 6, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 8:30 AM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2014 8:58 AM in response to Geekmedia

Load it into Compressor and transcode it to ProRes 25fps.

All you need to do is drop the generic (100% of source) ProRes codec on it, select the codec on your clip so as to reveal it in Inspector, press the Encoder button (second in the row of buttons below the title.)

User uploaded file

Then press the Video: Settings button and change the framerate.

User uploaded file

Press OK, and Submit the clip for transcoding.

hope this helps

Feb 10, 2014 9:07 AM in response to RatVega™

Hi

Thanks but the file type is .MTS and it is greyed out in compressor so I can't load it.

any other ideas? I used Clip Wrap which seemed to do OK, but to use it properly I will have to pay $50 and the demo didn't seem to sinc the audio well.

I just figure that if log and transfer works on 50i why won't it even recongnise the files in 50p

Feb 10, 2014 10:10 AM in response to Geekmedia

1080p50 is unsupported in FCP. If you shot that format, you'll need to convert it outside of FCP, say with ClipWrap2 from divergentmedia.com.

1080p50 (and 1080p60) is unsupported because it is a non-standard format. TV isn't broadcast in that format, and web video and BluRay aren't delivered in that format (Web can be, but it is very rare...too much bandwidth for typical delivery).

HELP with 50P on FCP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.