Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i reinstall mavericks

system acting up and feel i need to reinstall OS. never done that before. how do i proceed? do i need to download it again?

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 8:33 AM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2014 8:58 AM in response to Forrest Jerome1

If you didn't save the download, then yes, you need to login to your App Store account and download Mavericks again.

To save it, stop the installer as soon as it starts by pressing Command+Q. Copy the installer in the Applications folder to an external drive. Then run the installer (it will self delete from the Applications folder when done).

Feb 10, 2014 9:01 AM in response to Forrest Jerome1

Yes, if you didn't save a copy of the installer. It's always a good idea to save a copy of the installer, before you use it, in a location other than inside your Applications folder. Otherwise, it will be automtically deleted after you run it.

You don't need to save the copy to an external drive, just some location outside of your boot drive's Applications folder.

I keep a copy in folder on my Desktop.

how do i reinstall mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.