Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express 1084

I have recently bought a 2nd hand Airport Express 1084. I have realised after reading many discussions that I can't set it up on Mavericks. I really only want to use it to stream music to some speakers. I already have an Airport Extreme. I have a Windows computer (running Windows XP). But I'm having issues setting it up on that. Can anyone help please!!

Apple Airport Express-OTHER

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 9:52 AM

12 replies

Feb 10, 2014 10:39 AM in response to Charlie1819

If you configured the AirPort Express to "join a wireless network" and you got the wireless network name, wireless security and password correct, then it will join, assuming that it is working properly.

Restart the PC again.

A green light would be a good sign on the Express.

Plug in a pair of stereo headphones to test the Express to see if AirTunes is working.

Feb 10, 2014 12:08 PM in response to Charlie1819

Sorry, but we are going round and round and getting nowhere.

What operating system is the Mac using that you have there? If you have Mavericks installed, it cannot be used to configure the Express.

You must use a 5.x version of AirPort Utility on another Mac or a PC. Not having wireless working on the PC makes it very difficult to configure the Express.

I don't have a PC here to test, so not sure how much more help that I can provide.

All that you can do is start over and perform a factory default reset on the Express and then try to see if it can be configured.

Airport Express 1084

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.