Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hiding left side page bar

I'm thinking the answer is no because I just can't find a way but asking doesn't hurt.... I sure would like to hide the panel/window on the left side that shows the multiple pages in the document when working in docs made from the Page Layout menu. I work on both Pages 09 and Pages 11 depending on whether I'm at work or home but this issue seem to be the same, even in the latest version. Thanks for response.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 11:25 AM

Select Hide Page Thumbnails from the View menu at top/left.

User uploaded file

3 replies

Feb 14, 2014 11:16 PM in response to James Thomson

In the latest pages I see your answer YeOldMacFan is quite apparent. With your answer I realize that I haven't actually ran into this problem with Pages 5.1. It was in the older version which I must still use on my employer issued MacBookPro. I see the menu is totally different in 5.1 and doesn't even make a distinction anymore between new documents letters and the blank version oriented toward text boxes which in the older version is where I was having this problem of getting rid of the page thumbnails. I have to go back and look on my work laptop and see if I can find if your answer solves similar hiding the page thumbnails on the older Pages version.

Hiding left side page bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.