Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A1314 Keyboard delete key backwards only?

I just purchased an Apple A1314 bluetooth keyboard, and the delete key will only delete to the right as if the function key is pressed. I have paired it with 3 different macs, all with the same results. Opening the Keyboard Viewer does not show the delete key as being pressed ever, but it does indeed delete to the right both when pressed alone or with the function key. Also, if I have a window selected that has no fields for text selected and I hold down the delete key, it begins making the key repeat sound, so I would say it is certainly making some kind of input. I've made sure the Accessibility preferences to make sure the "Enable Mouse Keys" isn't checked. I've paired and re-paired it with multiple machines. I'm running OS 10.9.1 on all machines I tested it with. If it turns out to be a defective product, is there a way to map the eject key to function as the delete key? Thanks for any input.

Mac Pro early 2008, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 11:21 AM

There are no replies.

A1314 Keyboard delete key backwards only?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.