Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The usual '' iTunes doesn't recognize iPod Nano ''

So, about a week ago, my trusty iPod classic started giving me errors whilst syncing, not playing some songs and all that bad jazz, and I searched through the whole internet looking for answers, only to realize that oh ****, I need to buy a new music device. Well I didn't know much about any other devices so I stuck to Apple and switched from iPod classic to iPod Nano 16gb 7G.

Well I was super happy that I already got it today, I was dying to listen to music again before going to asleep, and much to my dismay, my iTunes wont recognize my newly bought brand-new iPod Nano, which works great! But it iTunes just won't recognize it. Thinking I could easily fix it, I tried everything that is out there. I tried all the possible Apple Support pages dealing with the same issue, and NOTHING, and I repeat, NOTHING worked. So don't bother linking me those Support pages because THEY. DO. NOT. WORK.

The thing is, first iTunes gave me the usual error that blaablaa, they know that there's a device plugged in but it can be recognized. With hours and hours of trying to fiddle with all the tutorials and things that support pages told me to do, now my iTunes doesn't even give me an error message, it just stays the way it is and there's no syncing in sight, EVEN NO ERROR MESSAGE

So I'm now kind of out of options. I don't know if I can refund my iPod Nano, because it works great, it's iTunes and trying to sync it which gives me problems. Is this a newer problem since the new iTunes update, or what? I've noticed people having the same problem, so I'm kinda hopeful that someone has the answer. I've also tried to usbaapl64.inf manual installation guide, which didn't really work because my computer something like '' the selected inf file does not support this method of installation ''

Does anyone have any ideas what I could do? I'm not at all confident that Apple Support could help me with this, since their support pages regarding the issue won't help either. Plus I'm from Finland, so I don't know if there's a Finnish hotline. I'm thinking no.

Anyway, does anyone have any more possibly fixes I could try? Today I'm going to sleep with my brand new iPod nanos radio on and I'm kinda depressed, I want to listen to MY MUSIC!

iPod nano (7th generation), Windows 7, 64bit

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 12:02 PM

4 replies

Feb 10, 2014 3:02 PM in response to F Oskar M

my brand new iPod

Take full advantage of your warranty while you still have it. Call Apple tech support. If they are of no help, ask to speak to a supervisor or a manager. Still no help, ask to be transferred over to Customer Relations department. Your other recourse is to take the iPod nano to the Apple store or an AASP.

User uploaded file

The usual '' iTunes doesn't recognize iPod Nano ''

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.