Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPOD Classic - Podcasts playing continuously

My IPOD Classic has started doing something different after an update. Before the change, the Podcasts I would listen to would stop at the end of that Podcast then either wait for me to chose another or the IPOD would automatically shut off. Now, the Podcasts are playing one after another continuously and will not stop unless I push the stop button or set the automatic sleep timer to turn it off. The crossfade is turned on and the gapless album is turned off - in the music area, but I cannot find anything that affects the Podcasts..

iPod classic, Windows XP

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 11:04 AM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2014 2:50 PM in response to Smilieyez

Believe it or not, it's the Shuffle option! You need to turn Shuffle "on".

iTunes sets all Podcasts that are downloaded into your iTunes Library to Skip when shuffling. So on your iPod Classic, turn on Shuffle Songs. You can do this in the menu options (Settings/Shuffle), or, if you have previously turned it on while a song is playing, simply leave it on and start a Podcast.

Because all the rest of the Podcasts are set to skip when shuflfing, when the first Podcast finishes, because all the rest are set to skip, nothing else will play.

In the iPod's display, note that if it states 1 of 1, then only that Podcast will play. Otherwise, the display will show 1 of "many" (1 of X).

IPOD Classic - Podcasts playing continuously

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.