Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I installed Java for OS X 2013-005 but Java control Panel in preferences says "java" can't be opened because it isn't available.

I installed Java for OS X 2013-005 but Java control Panel in preferences says "java" can't be opened because it isn't available.

From terminal I see the version installed, but why is the control panel in preferences not working?

I needed to restore Java 6 to be able to access an extranet that would not work with java 7. I followed the instructions to remove the javaappletplugin then reinsalled the java 6 per apple community instructions. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5559??

This didn't seem to work so I installed the OS X 2013-005 download link from apple.

Still java preferences control panal is not working and I still cant access the extranet site I once could prior to install java 7.

Any suggestions?

Java version 1.6.0_65

Software OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)

Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 11:35 AM

There are no replies.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.