Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just updated iTunes, now my iPod Nano (5th gen) won't connect

As the header says, I recently updated iTunes, but now my iPod isn't recognized. The error message suggested Uninstalling then Re-installing iTunes, which I did, but got the same result.

My search last night revealed others seem to having this same problem.

iPod nano (5th generation)

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 12:47 PM

7 replies

Feb 12, 2014 2:19 PM in response to Lennykermit

Hello, Lennykermit.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If your device is not recognized by iTunes, I would recommend the steps in the article below. Start with the section labeled Verify that the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is installed > For Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 > Update the Apple Mobile Device Driver.

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

If you are experiencing this issue on a Mac, see the steps in the article below.

Device not recognized in iTunes for Mac OS X

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1591

Cheers,

Jason H.

Feb 15, 2014 12:26 PM in response to Lennykermit

(Apologies for barging in, jason.)

The error message suggested Uninstalling then Re-installing iTunes, which I did, but got the same result.

Are you on a Windows system, Lenny? If so ... doublechecking something.

Have you also tried a complete uninstall of both iTunes and all the other related software components and then a reinstall? If not, try the instructions from the following document:

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

Feb 15, 2014 3:04 PM in response to Lennykermit

Before I do this I need to back-up my iTunes library, as not all of it is on the Cloud.

Under normal circumstances, an uninstall/reinstall doesn't touch your content. (That being said, it's still always a good idea to maintain a current backup at all times in case of disasters of any sort ... so now might be as good a time as any to get a full backup in place ...)

I just updated iTunes, now my iPod Nano (5th gen) won't connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.