Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro 13" 2012 edition running OS X Mavericks is not starting up. On pressing the power button it does not start up as normal instead it show a bar loading then just switches off again. This has happened constantly. Please advice on how to fix.

My MacBook Pro 13" 2012 edition running OS X Mavericks is not starting up. On pressing the power button it does not start up as normal instead it show a bar loading then just switches off again. This has happened constantly. Please advice on how to fix.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 3:05 PM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2014 11:12 PM in response to takudzwaw

takudzwaw,

boot your MacBook Pro into Recovery mode by holding down a Command key and the R key as it starts up. Once the Mac OS X Utilities menu appears, select Disk Utility. On the left-hand side of the Disk Utility window, select your internal disk’s boot partition (typically called “Macintosh HD”). On the right-hand side, press the Verify Disk button if it’s not greyed out; if it is greyed out, or if it reports that errors were found, press the Repair Disk button. Once the verification/repair is completed, exit Disk Utility and select Restart from the Apple menu to restart in normal mode. Do you still get the progress bar instead of a normal startup?

Apr 29, 2016 11:27 AM in response to Vivi67

When you say you are having the same problem. Does that mean you have a 2012 Macbook Pro running Maverick also? If you have an operating system older than Lion, you have no recovery partition. You would need the install disk that came with the computer. You could try running in safe mode. Shift key at startup. Sometimes doing a pram and smc reset can help.https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.