I was switching between channels when the unit became sluggish in responding to the remote.The screen went black and the USB to iTunes icon popped up on the screen. After some time and a google search I read what I had to do… using Itunes to restore the unit. Why this happened is a mystery. However the problem I am having is this... after several attempts to download from iTunes I get the following error message after about 60 MB downloading : "There was a porblem downloading the software for Apple TV "Apple TV". An unnown error occured ( -50).
Yes my network is working fine ( I am writing this message ) The apple TV is hooked up to my Air using the mini USB cord. And I tried the download with the unit plugged into AC power and unplugged from AC power. What else is there to do? Thanks!
• Check that you have correctly followed the instructions for your model of Apple TV.
• If not already, try using a powered USB port.
• Repeat the process but this time try connecting the cable while iTunes is closed.
• Repeat the process with another cable.
• Try restoring the Apple TV on another computer in another location.