Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i restore my macbook back to its factory settings with the grey install disk that came with my macbook, will this wipe out the bootcamp partition? (i don't want it to)

i have asked this question a few times now, but i have not got the answer i was looking for:

my macbook is currently on v10.6.8 (a snow leopard version)

the factory settings of my macbook is v10.5.6 (a leopard version; i know that using the grey install disk that came with my macbook will restore my macbook back to this version)

i know that by restoring my macbook to the factory settings, some apps will go (e.g. flash player 12, app store) and other apps will be downgraded (like itunes)

but i am talking about BOOTCAMP. it isn't an app, it's a partition of my hard drive.

my question is, will i still have the BOOTCAMP partition after i restore my macbook back to its factory settings? if so, will all the folders and files in BOOTCAMP still be there?

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 5:21 PM

1 reply

Feb 13, 2014 9:21 AM in response to TheTimmayy24

Hello there, Timmayy24.

The following Knowledge Base article provides the information you're looking for:

Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard: How to Erase and Install

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3910

Important: This procedure will completely erase your hard drive. If you have installed Microsoft Windows using Boot Camp, or have multiple partitions, this procedure will erase the partition you select.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

if i restore my macbook back to its factory settings with the grey install disk that came with my macbook, will this wipe out the bootcamp partition? (i don't want it to)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.