Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted iMessage conversations

Recently I deleted my iMessage conversations from my iPhone 5, but they are still saved on my iMessage app on my Mac. Can I put the already saved conversations on my Mac to my phone?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 4:37 PM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2014 1:26 PM in response to GDadvand

HI,

The Sync process as Apple calls it is in fact only "Display on all Devices".

The Mac can Save chats and you can get these back on view with a bit of work.

However there is no way that they can be "sent" to the iOS version to display like they did before.

It is not like a mail server where you can go to the Server web page and re-flag items as Not Read so that "fetch" works on another device.

The item on the Mac if it has been saved is a file (date of chat.ichat i.e. an iChat file which the Mac version of Messages can read but the iOS version can't).

If you send the File to the iPhone it can't open it.

If you Backup your iPhone using iTunes (to iTunes) then you could use the Backup to "restore" the iPhone to a point before you deleted the conversation.

However anything else you have received in between times would be lost including any installs.

User uploaded file

9:26 pm Tuesday; February 11, 2014

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Deleted iMessage conversations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.