Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, v2.0.2 (4 ) some times ago but I am unable to re-downlaod it as it seems like not even available in US store, though it is available in other countries. How can I redownload my old purchase as it is not showing up?

I bought Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, v2.0.2 (4 ) some times ago but I am unable to re-downlaod it as it seems like not even available in US store, though it is available in other countries. How can I redownload my old purchase as it is not showing up? I belive whole purpose to buy from Itune is that your software stay there and when ever you want to re-downlaod you can instead of keep your old software CDs safe. It seems like now buy software CD is better then buying from itune as those apps my get vanished at any time. Can some one help me how to redownload Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, v2.0.2 (4 ).

Thanks

iOS 7.0.4, Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, v2.0.2

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 6:04 PM

10 replies

Sep 25, 2017 7:55 PM in response to drkashif

I have the same problem. I also bought this typing app only to find it has disappeared. The lack of response from the IT group from the iTunes group tells me they do not care and clearly are just taking the money and leaving buyer abandoned. I am not going to do anymore purchases from the iTunes and will buy CD's from here forward.

Sep 25, 2017 8:01 PM in response to DebDebs

The issue you are describing does not resemble the original 2 year old post based on what you wrote. What do you mean it "disappeared"? What happened between the time you last saw it, and when it disappeared. If you purchased it, you can redownload it, as long as it is still available in the iTunes Store.

If it is not, and you had it downloaded to your iTunes Library, then you can restore it to your device via a sync.

So, you might want to explain what the issue is so that we can see if we can help you resolve it.

GB

Feb 10, 2014 6:23 PM in response to drkashif

I belive whole purpose to buy from Itune is that your software stay there and when ever you want to re-downlaod you can

No that is never what the iTunes/Mac App Store has been about. Apple constantly reminds people to back up their content because there is no guarantee the content will always be available to download again. Especially third-party developer software.

If this software is no longer sold in a particular country's Mac App Store, it is because the developer no longer wishes to sell it in that country. So if you did not back up your software it is now gone.

Jun 9, 2014 5:41 PM in response to Dah•veed

I disagree with this statement. While you are correct Apple doesn't owe a refund. The whole idea behind the app store was so that your purchases would be available at a later date, if you need to re-download them, or if you got a new computer. Hence the following verbiage on Apples own site concerning the store.

"When you purchase an app, it is installed automatically on the computer you’re using. If you sign in to the App Store on another computer, you can install the app there, too. If you delete the app, you can reinstall it"

Clearly there seems to be some sort of issue going between the owner of the application and Apple. Apple should be working to protect our rights here and make sure the versions that were sold through the store are retained and remain available in the store. Or if they are no longer able to do so provide notification of the user of the change and provide them with time to download a copy. Neither appears to have happened here.

Jun 9, 2014 7:04 PM in response to jasonoo

If you read the legal disclaimers that you agreed to when you opened your account and that you agree to every time that you download something from the iTunes, Stores, the iBooks Store and the Mac App Store, you will find that you interpretation of that tiny paragraph that you quoted is viewed through rose tinted glasses. What I said above is what Apple Legal says.

May 24, 2015 4:05 PM in response to Mad Hacker

You are entitled to your opinion, however, Apple disagrees with you and they own and operate the online stores. Apple doesn't run the stores as you dictate. Apple runs the stores as Apple sees fit!

Legal terms of use of the stores;

As an accommodation to you, subsequent to acquiring Eligible Content, you may download certain of such previously-acquired Eligible Content onto any Associated Device. Some Eligible Content that you previously acquired may not be available for subsequent download at any given time, and Apple shall have no liability to you in such event. As you may not be able to subsequently download certain previously-acquired Eligible Content, once you download an item of Eligible Content, it is your responsibility not to lose, destroy, or damage it, and you may want to back it up.

https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html

May 24, 2015 8:29 PM in response to Dah•veed

Interestingly I have a backup. But when I launch it it says it is damaged and I should redownload it from the store.

I find it interesting you are working so hard to defend a policy like this. Apple may state what you quoted above (so you are correct they have no legal obligation to me) but are you arguing this is a good thing? You know you are allowed to have a will and opinion of your own. 😕

So I've reached out to the company that made the app for tech support. They still seem to sell the software on their own website. I'll post if I get a response.

May 24, 2015 8:39 PM in response to Mad Hacker

Apple does not own the developer software or the media that is offered in the iTunes & App Stores. These are owned by the developer and the media companies. If they decide to pull their product from the iTunes or App Stores, or no longer make older versions of Apps available, then there is absolutely nothing Apple can do about that. Ergo the recommendation from Apple that you keep a backup of your purchases.

GB

I bought Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, v2.0.2 (4 ) some times ago but I am unable to re-downlaod it as it seems like not even available in US store, though it is available in other countries. How can I redownload my old purchase as it is not showing up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.