Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Info Tab in Itunes OSX 10.9.1 To Sync Contacts

Hello,

wishing to sync ipad mini contacts to Macbook OSX 10.9.1 contacts. (Essentially so whenever I input/edit a new contact on my ipad, it'll show up in my macbook contacts, or vice-versa).

I've read this article explaining how to sync:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1296

Under "Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks and Notes" it mentions an "info tab". But the only tabs I see when selecting my ipad via macbook itunes are:

Summary
Apps

Music
Movies
TV Shows
Podcasts
Books
Photos

All other settings that I'm aware of enabling sharing through icloud and syncing via itunes are on, both with ipad and macbook. What else can I do, or retry?

Calendar/Notes sync without problems.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 15.4" 2.4Ghz (Early 2008 Model)

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 5:51 PM

4 replies

Feb 10, 2014 6:07 PM in response to essitam

On a machine running Mavericks, you must use iCloud (or another cloud-based option, such as Google) in order to sync your contacts to your iOS device. The info tab is no longer present and syncing over USB is not an option.

Make sure your iCloud settings are set up correctly on both the Mac and your iPad.

~Lyssa

Feb 10, 2014 6:25 PM in response to Lyssa

Thanks for your reply Lyssa.

Under the "Backups" heading in "Summary" in my iPad options in iTunes - I've now selected to Automatically Backup via "iCloud" and not from "This Computer" previously.

I've also noticed after logging on my iCloud internet account, that contacts from my iPad also do not sync to the iCloud, perhaps maybe a setting I've missed? Though "iCloud" settings on iPad are switched green next to "Contact".

Anyway will wait and give the above a try first.

Thanks

Feb 18, 2014 4:20 PM in response to Lyssa

Hi again

so my ipad mini is still unable to sync my contacts to my icloud account icloud or my macbook.

I'm able to create a 'TEST' contact on my macbook or in icloud, and it sync to my ipad however.

In my ipad settings, I've also tried switching the contacts slider off, then back on - then turned my ipad off, than back on, as suggested in the apple support icloud troubleshooting guide under troubleshooting with ios devices. This still doesn't appear to work.

Could this be an ios 7 issue with contacts syncing with icloud/Mavericks's os?

I'll try next the iCloud forums, but I've had a brief look but answers to questions usually refer back to the trouble shooting online manuals.

Regards.

No Info Tab in Itunes OSX 10.9.1 To Sync Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.