Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix prompting for userid and password - constantly!

Hello,

First some background. I do not have apple tv powered or my wifi powered all the time. When I want to use apple tv I power it up as well as my wifi. My Netflix userid and password was stored in the app and I never got prompted for it. As of last week, I noticed the Netflix app propmpts me for my userid and password. When I left my apple tv and wifi powered up all day and then went back to netflix, no userid and password prompt. Why did they change this? Over the last few days, I am still be prompted for my userid and password. (I use DSL).

Thanks,

Charlie

iphone 4s; ipad; imac-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 6:19 PM

2 replies

Feb 11, 2014 7:37 AM in response to Charles Cooperman

Why did they change this? Over the last few days, I am still be prompted for my userid and password.

THEY did not change anything. You have been getting lucky. Contantly restarting ATV and your router can, and usaully will change your IP. When that happens you will have to re-authenticate.

The other response is correct. This is a problme by design. Networks are not supposed to be powered down every time you stop using them.

Netflix prompting for userid and password - constantly!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.