Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule no longer available

I found an error message on my iMac workstation (OSX 10.7.5, Lion) indicating that my Time Capsule (Model A1409) was not available for backup. The TC is not visible using the iMac Airport utility 'No configured base stations can be found'. The Green light is lit on the TC, a hard restart of TC had no effect on the problem.

The TC is used only as a backup disk, plugged into a port on my Cisco home router. The iMac ethernet is also plugged into the router, iMac wi-fi is turned off. I used Bob Timmons instructions for installing TC in Bridge Mode about a year ago which worked perfectly. Wireless connectivity to TC over my home network still works for Airbook backups.

I can see the TC in my router’s DHCP table. Using the AirPort Utility Menu; (File , Config other) I can enter the Time Capsule IP found in my router, and password, to access and change TC settings which are as follows;

There are 6 tabs; Summary, Base Station, Internet, Wireless, Network, and Disks.

-The internet is set to 'connect using DHCP'.

-IPv6 is configured 'Automatically', Mode 'Native'.

-Wireless Network Mode is ‘Off’.

-Network Router Mode is ‘Off (Bridge Mode)’.

I’m trying to bring the TC back from being invisible so I can use it again. Appreciate any assistance. I installed and uninstalled bonjour from a network PC in the same timeframe that backups stopped a couple of months ago, don’t know if this is related.

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 6:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 7:48 PM

If you have not already done so, perform the following checks on your Mac running (10.7.5), (10.8.x) or (10.9.x).

Open System Preferences (gear icon on the dock)

Open Network

Click WiFi on the left, then Advanced at the lower right

Click the TCP/IP tab

Make sure that the setting for iPv6 is set to Link Local

Click OK, then click Apply

Then do the same for Ethernet / Advanced / TCP/IP tab, etc.

Restart both the Mac and the Time Capsule to see if the TC will appear in AirPort Utility

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2014 7:48 PM in response to Robski1

If you have not already done so, perform the following checks on your Mac running (10.7.5), (10.8.x) or (10.9.x).

Open System Preferences (gear icon on the dock)

Open Network

Click WiFi on the left, then Advanced at the lower right

Click the TCP/IP tab

Make sure that the setting for iPv6 is set to Link Local

Then do the same for Ethernet / Advanced / TCP/IP tab, etc.

Restart both the Mac and the Time Capsule to see if the TC will appear in AirPort Utility

Time Capsule no longer available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.