Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imessage won't work after i reset my Apple ID password. I tried the network reset, and the imessage toggle off then on. Also tried turning the phone off then on. No luck. Any help that I haven't tried?

Imessage wont work after i reset my Apple ID password. I tried the network reset, the toggle imessage on and off, the reset of my iphone 5. Nothing works. Any new advice that might be of use?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 9:59 PM

11 replies

Feb 25, 2017 2:58 PM in response to MissySuperKool

The real solution to this problem, sorry I stopped typing above, is to disable iMessage on your phone and have your phone connected to your mac, sync with iTunes, but do not back up. Turn iMessage back on, re-sync your phone. The only thing time zones will do is send you the message later than you should receive it instantly, but that is also an inconvenience, so do make sure your time zones are correct, but it's a useless response to tell someone to do that if they haven't traveled outside the country and their time is set to "automatically update". So, unless you changed your clock and entered an area where there was no cell service or wi-fi to automatically update your clock, this will not solve your problem. Again, Turn off iMessage on your phone, Sync your phone to your iTunes account, let it finish syncing, eject your phone, turn on iMessage, resend your phone, a message SHOULD come up that your phone number would like to use the iMessage account on your Mac...

Feb 25, 2017 2:53 PM in response to dalbruel

I'm running Mac Sierra and am having the same issue after my account was compromised. I changed my apple password and now I can't use the iMessage, calendar, or any of my synced accounts. Sierra was the worst upgrade yet and now more issues that are simply dismissed or techs are unable to help with. I have to admit that I will probably, after 15 years of being a strong Mac supporter, will probably just go to PC's again. Mac is fallen way behind in so many areas and support is virtually useless. I can hear them trying to find responses by typing, googling, doing all the same things I've already done. And BTW, there isn't a time zone for Central Standard Time / United States as you suggest for logging into iCloud.com and making sure that the time zones are the same. There are only cities to be used on the phone, and a map to attempt to navigate on iCloud so that is also a non-functional response as they are not consistent in choosing time zones, as it should be.

Nov 10, 2015 3:45 PM in response to dalbruel

I was forced to change my #AppleID & my #iPhone asked for the new password & since then my #iMessage & #FaceTime stopped working with my mobile number... I have tried everything I found online, talked with Apple support several times without any luck & finally managed to make it work... The trick was to go to www.icloud.com, login with the Apple ID you want to use, and then within the settings of the iCloud portal, change to the time zone you are in. Make sure your iPhone is set to the same time zone as well & turn on iMessage & Facetime...

Oct 5, 2016 1:55 AM in response to mshishan

I can't get my imessage to work like before I changed my password. already tried changing time zone, reset network, toggle imessage on and off, reset the phone by holding power button+menu, still my imessage sends as text message. I have fast connection but don't know why changing my apple password stopped me form using imessage

Imessage won't work after i reset my Apple ID password. I tried the network reset, and the imessage toggle off then on. Also tried turning the phone off then on. No luck. Any help that I haven't tried?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.