Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages Agent

What is "Messages Agent" and how do I get rid of it? Upon startup a window appears statin that messages agent wants to use the login keychain and wants a password. It won't go away I have tried every password that I can think of and it will not take any. Also I don't use the "Keychain"

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 5:31 AM

5 replies

Mar 27, 2015 8:52 PM in response to babowa

Thanks for your reply, but

a) I don't use iChat

b) I am not going to enter my password if I don't know what it will be used for

Does anyone know what Message Agent is or why it wants my password? I don't trust that it is from Apple if it does not explain what it is or why it wants my password. And if it is from Apple, I can't understand why it is optional to enter the password.

Mar 27, 2015 9:18 PM in response to Patrick_W

I don't use Facetime, Facebook, Messages, or iChat ( a previous OS), but everything I've seen, it is related to one or all of those apps (which makes sense as they are all the same kind of app).

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5547079

why it is optional to enter the password.

If you want it to remember and automatically enter your password, it will do that for you. It is your option to decide.

Messages Agent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.