Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some smart control setting changes don't stick in GarageBand 10

Hi all,

I had noticed a problem with GarageBand 10.0.1 running on my Mac Mini with Mavericks 10.9.1.

When I changed some smart control settings on a given track (e.g. specifically, changing the reverb setting in the "compressed vocal" patch), then switch to another track, it would not "stick", rather would change back to however it was before. Other tracks would keep the same setting changed no problem.

After some trial and error, I have tracked the issue to being specific to tracks that were created via "New Track With Duplicate Settings" option. It also doesn't seem to apply to all settings - some stick, some don't. I have logged it as a bug via Apple Feedback, but thought I'd share my work around here, since I couldn't find anything on the internet.

My work around is simply to switch to a different patch, then back to the desired patch. The downside is that the smart control settings will be reset to the patch defaults, rather than being the same as the source track (rendering the "New Track With Duplicate Settings" option pretty redundant in my view).

I hope that helps someone else! Does anyone have a better work around?

James

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 7:37 AM

4 replies

Mar 7, 2014 11:35 AM in response to JimmyJimmyYam

Here is an easy fix: Create a single Automation Control Point, that will stick.

1. On the duplicate Track, enable Track Automation
  2. Select from the Automation Parameter the “Ambience” (or the other one that doesn’t stick)
  3. Click anywhere in the Automation Lane to the right
  4. This will create a single Automation Control Point at the bar 1
  5. As long as you keep only that one Control Point, you can still change the Parameter with the Screen Control (you can hide Automation after that)
  6. When you switch back and forth, you see that the Ambience Screen Control jumps back to zero, but don't worry, when you start playback, it gets kicked his *** back up to the level where it is supposed to be.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Some smart control setting changes don't stick in GarageBand 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.