Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone music won't play in low signal (even when song is local)

This has been happening more and more recently.

My phone loses it's signal strength and my phone will suddenly stop playing music. I select music that is stored on my device and still nothing. I close the app down (upwards swipe) and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

For guaranteed results, I have to switch my phone to airplane mode to get it to actually start playing the songs that are stored on my device.

It's almost like having itunes match enabled means it wants to play absolutely every song over the air. So when i move in to a low signal area my phone is trying to access a song on the server and my music just stops. I go to my library and select an album which I know is stored on the device and it still refuses to play as the little annoying thinky circle continues to try to access the server.

Without switching off the match service on my device (which is clearly beside the point), how do I get my device to prioritise playing locally if the song is present on the device? (i.e stop trying to call music from the server)!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4, Match Service

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 9:12 AM

2 replies

iphone music won't play in low signal (even when song is local)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.