Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS7 will not accept new password for Exchange account

So I have my company email setup on my iPhone. If I change my AD password and I immediately go into the mail settings and update the password, I have no issue. If the AD password gets changed but I don't go to settings and change it I will get prompted within a few minutes to enter my password, this is where the fun begins. At this point, entering my new password does not work. I can enter my new password 1000 times and nothing. Just for fun, I started entering any random keystroke to try and lock my account. After about 30 attempts my account is still not locked which tells me the device is never attempting to talk back to the Exchange server. Only resolutions I've found for this is to update the password on the device before you get prompted, getting everyone in my 2000+ userbase to remember to do that is next to impossible. Below is what I've been doing to resolve. A and C alone almost never work, B usually works and a combination of B and C almost always does the trick. Any help on how to stop this issue (other than updating the password immediately after change) would be greatly appreciated.

A. Reboot device

B. Reset network settings

C. Delete and re-add account

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 8:55 AM

6 replies

Feb 11, 2014 10:22 AM in response to KiltedTim

If the server was rejecting the password than the AD account would be locked after so many attempts and I am the Exchange admin. This is only an issue with iOS7 devices, iOS6 devices just get locked out if the user isn't quick enough and WP, WebOS(yes, there really is a few of these in our environment) and Android devices all work flawlessly

Dec 27, 2015 8:49 PM in response to jeremym63

Exactly the same problem.

Read on another forum that trying the new password after logging out from Icloud and deleting the existing exchange account works.

Tried it ,it worked for me.

OH...may be not related but I made a typo while typing company email "company.co" ,missed the m in .com.

Exchange app complained that it found no such company and prompted me for email server details.

I corrected the typo ,entered the server details and all went fine.

I still think the icloud logout did the trick.....however in case it doesnt work out try the above typo error.

HTH

iOS7 will not accept new password for Exchange account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.