Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Storage ISSUES after software 7.0.4 Update! Help

I have a iPhone 5 with up to date software and up to date iTunes for sync. Since the upgrade to 7.0.4, my phone is ALWAYS out of storage space. I have had to delete all pictures, albums, videos, and most music. I have even dumped apps I havent used in a while, trying to frre up space to no avail. I have never had storage issues, until now. Hence, I can't update/sync becauae it's out of space.... Something in the update is either consuming all the storage space, or there is a glitch. Anyone have any recommendations as to how to fix this...? Hoping it's now Apple's attempt to have everyone invest in storage.... Suggestions VERY welcome!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 9:33 AM

16 replies

Feb 11, 2014 10:50 AM in response to copperrock

copperrock wrote:

Something in the update is either consuming all the storage space

No it's not.

Stop speculating and find the answer for yourself.

Connect the device to the computer.

Launch iTunes.

Select the Summary tab for the device.

Look at the bottom of the screen at the bar graph and see what is taking up space.

Then manage the space on the device.

If "Other" is taking up a large amount of space (Greater than 1GB), restore the device.

Jun 17, 2014 1:19 PM in response to copperrock

Diesel vdub, if you had bothered to read his post you would realize that you are not being helpful at all. Please don't state the obvious. We all know about that bar.

gturley, I am having the same problem. I have deleted over 10GB of photos on my phone and that did not free up any space. That bar diesel is so smug about still says I have 10GB of photos. If you have found a solution for the problem, please share.

Jul 13, 2014 3:21 PM in response to diesel vdub

vdub, I don't know what you are talking about. None of my comments have been removed. But you are the one who was rude and condescending toward Copperrock. And you are the one that hasn't been helpful on this discussion. I actually posted something constructive (telling Copperrock that the issue required a new phone for me). These forums are for people to find help for their issue, not have some rude person make obvious, condescending comments while not even being helpful at all.

iPhone 5 Storage ISSUES after software 7.0.4 Update! Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.