Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

podcast app problem

Hi i been having a problem with the podcast add ever since the last update 2.0.1 to the app before updating the app I used to download the podcast on iTunes on my iMac then sync them to my iPad after I was done watching or listening to them I would sync back to my iMac then it wold mark them on Itunes as played and it would automatically delete them off my iPad then I would delete them off iTunes but after updating the app now it keeps each episode in the app and I have to manually delete them and it Also has a download from the cloud button next to each episode as you can see in the pics new podcast episodes in the cloud keep sowing up in the app with out me syncing i do not want them from the clound i just want tthe ones off my imac when i sync how do i fix all this

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 10:37 AM

7 replies

Mar 4, 2014 3:14 PM in response to campireanarchy

I have the same problem on my iPhone5. I like to download podcasts on my Mac and sync them to my phone. Before the latest update the podcasts that have been played would disappear from my phone when I sync it but since the update they stay there. Some are grayed out and some are still showing with a cloud symbol next to them. I have to manually delete each one from my phone which is a pain, especially since the grayed out podcasts cause the app to crash when I try deleting them (when I bring it back up they are gone).

I'm going to try going into each podcast's settings and change "Episodes to Keep" from "Default Setting (All)" to "All Unplayed" and see if that works. I'll let you know.

Mar 27, 2014 10:04 AM in response to campireanarchy

I'm having the same issue!

I want to sync my iMac, iPhone, and iPad using the iTunes on the iMac like I've done all along, even when I used the Music App for the podcasts!!! Who's bright idea to change something that was working to this peice of crap!!

Its like Apple is acting like Microsoft and doesn't care about the people that buy their products!

Apple needs to fix this issue soon!

Mar 31, 2014 7:13 PM in response to Skelekatie

Skelekatie wrote:

I'm going to try going into each podcast's settings and change "Episodes to Keep" from "Default Setting (All)" to "All Unplayed" and see if that works. I'll let you know.

I've tried that, it didn't seem to work. Also tried setting it to keep "Last 10 episodes" (which is what iTunes on my iMac is set to) and that doesn't work. I'm still showing 18 episode of the podcast, many greyed-out and/or showing a cloud icon.

This is so frustrating. It doesn't affect playback or function at all, purely the asthetics of looking at the Podcast app. Back in the old days (according to the Steve Jobs bio), Apple did things purely for asthetics. I wish that philosophy was applied to apps.

Apr 3, 2014 6:57 AM in response to campireanarchy

I'm glad I found this! I thought it was just me, seeing as how Appple seems to have not fixed this one.

I too did what other suggested and changed from "Keep All" to "Keep All Unplayed." It too has had no effect.

Worse still, the screen doesn't always refresh. I deleted Ep 27, and when it refreshed, it showed Ep 27 still there. So I deleted it again. That actually deleted Ep28 (which I hadn't heard yet). And once you delete it, no matter how many time you sync, it won't come back. However, if you leave those little unplayed entries sitting out there, it will redownload and replay them.

This is a very bad app. I wish they would let us have the option of playing them through the Music app again.

podcast app problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.