Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacMail file conversion from Mavericks to 10.6.8

PROBLEM:

I'm trying to take my Maverics MacMail saved files (5 years worth) and convert them back to OS 10.6.8 because I can't use Mavericks OS due to other software conflicts. I did a clean reinstall of all software, deleted Mavericks, reinstalled OS10.6 and now I CANT retreive the saved V2 folders from MacMail which are in Mavericks saved format - is there any way to easily transfer these from Mavericks format to OS 10.6 or do I now need a dedicated Mavericks OS computer just to have access to these files in MacMail????

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 10:21 AM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2014 10:28 AM in response to TimrMV

That's not possible. There is no backwards conversion of the files. If you don't have backups from when you used Snow Leopard, then you need to stay with Mavericks.

Now, if you can find some other email program that can read Mail's files then convert them to a format that the Snow Leopard version of Mail can import then you may be able to effect a conversion. I'm not that familiar with all of the alternative email programs out there, but Thunderbird has usually been very flexible with the mail formats it can read and export to. You could try there as a start.

MacMail file conversion from Mavericks to 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.