Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edit Master Slide not working in Keynote 6.1

Hello

I am trying to create a simple Slide show in Keynote and it turns out to be a painful experinece.Here are my issues and hope someone can help me with them

1. can not seem to able to open a blank slide black or wide wihtout any text box or whatsoever , even trying to save a new master slide as blank after removing the text boxes saves witht the text boxes again
  2. can not edit master slide at all or lets say the change does not show for example I brought in 80 images and all were created as a master slide and all have the 2 dumm text boxes on it. In the old version you just highligted all the slides and wentto edit master slide and hit blank and all those text boxes were gone. Now when i go to edit maste slide and hit blank nothing happens even with just clicking one slide
  3. My biggest issue is bringing in images I want them not to fill up the entire slide I do not care if there would be a black box around them so i want my vertical images show complete and not zoomed in . the only way to change that is going through each slide one by one and change proportion I thought about eding the maste slide image proporting but when thre is not image I can not find that option

so it is really a pain and I thought it was a piece of cake to crete simple slide shows (at least apple makes you belve that)

hope someone out there as some sollutions

thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 16GB RAM and Solid state hard drive

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 12:05 PM

This is straight forward unless Keynote on your machine is corrupted. If it is, delete Keynote, then install again from the Mac App Store

1 - blank slide

Inspector > Format > Slide Layout > Dropdown Menu > Blank

User uploaded file

2 - edit master slide

I brought in 80 images and all were created as a master slide

I hope that is written by mistake as slides shows should not be created by placing images on 80 different master slides

changing a slide layout is not achieved by editing master slides, its achieved this way:

select all the slides from the navigator pane, and as in 1:

3 - image size

To make this easier:

edit slide master

add an image to the slide master and position and size as required

select the image and select; define as media placeholder

close slide master

add a new slide then drag and drop an image on to the placeholder

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2014 12:05 PM in response to racb

This is straight forward unless Keynote on your machine is corrupted. If it is, delete Keynote, then install again from the Mac App Store

1 - blank slide

User uploaded file

2 - edit master slide

I brought in 80 images and all were created as a master slide

I hope that is written by mistake as slides shows should not be created by placing images on 80 different master slides

changing a slide layout is not achieved by editing master slides, its achieved this way:

select all the slides from the navigator pane, and as in 1:

3 - image size

To make this easier:

edit slide master

add an image to the slide master and position and size as required

select the image and select; define as media placeholder

close slide master

add a new slide then drag and drop an image on to the placeholder

Feb 11, 2014 12:53 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Hi just letting you know the first point help and I guess i did not see that little arrow on the side

Number 2 helped as well

i guess i went straing to edit maser menu below the drop down menu

I have to figure out point number 3 as I still think it is to much work there should be a option when brining pictures in to either fill the page or not or just fill the the sides so the entire pictuer is in the slide

thanks for the quick reply

Edit Master Slide not working in Keynote 6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.