Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabling vibrate when plugging in to power

Hi,

No luck for a solution pertaining to a non-jailbroken iPhone.

Basically, I don't want the here the vibration when I place my phone back into the dock, near my computer, after removing it to check messages. Additionally, if my phone is docked to my computer and I restart the computer, I hear another vibration when it receives the power.

Does that make sense?

Take this situation for an example, my phone is docked near my computer. I get a text message (vibrate off, hence no vibration), when I unlock the phone it prompts me to trust the computer (everytime) and then vibrates again when I make my selection. Then I check the message and re-dock the phone and it vibrates again. (note I have the vibration function OFF)

Hats off for making a powerful vibrator but my whole office hears this happening repeatedly...is Apple's intent for me to not keep taking the phone in and out of the docking station all day and instead use the dock only for extended periods of time?

This is very annoying, when can I expect a fix?

I had an LG phone that gave you the option of replaceing the vibrate-on-power-plug with a flashing light, I found this to be a less disrupting notification.

PJ

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 11:59 AM

3 replies

Disabling vibrate when plugging in to power

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.