Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes on Windows 7 ceased expanding miniplayer after Ctrl click on thumbnail artwork.

During playback, iTunes used to expand the miniplayer album art, to full screen size, when holding the Ctrl key and clicking on the thumbnail at the top of the screen. Now the same Ctrl + click has no effect. However, after doing it, I get a double icon in the task bar, one for the complete iTunes and another for the full size mini player, except that the full size mini player cannot be found anywhere, only that icon in the task bar. And sure enough, I can click on the x at the corner of this "ghost" icon, and the icon will close, but the explandable album art never shows up. The whole thing is as if iTunes still thinks that it's working just fine, but it's not. This looks like a corrupted registry key would cause it. I tried uninstalling iTunes, rebooting the computer, and reinstalling, but this didn't help. Is this a known issue? Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks for any support.

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2014 10:39 AM

Same problem here! Driving me nuts that it is somehow "running" as shown in the task bar, but it is not accessible in any way.

4 replies

iTunes on Windows 7 ceased expanding miniplayer after Ctrl click on thumbnail artwork.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.