Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multi-clips Ken Burns

Is there a way to apply the Crop>Ken Burns effect to mulitiple clips?

Mac Pro (Early 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9), Radeon Sapphire 7950

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 1:33 PM

8 replies

Feb 11, 2014 2:26 PM in response to WilliamL

I think that's what I'm talking about. Did you open the multicam clip into the multicam editor? I can't post a screen shot at the moment, but when you open it you should see all the clips stacked on top of each other. Delete the clip you don't want. Put the clip you want into the empty lane. Select it. Click on the triangle popup and use Sync Selection to Monitoring Angle. That shot should replace every usage of that angle inside the edited project.

Feb 12, 2014 8:29 AM in response to WilliamL

WilliamL wrote:

Tom I am not familiar with multicam. I was thinking more along the lines of a compound clip, which I did try. But instead of treating the compound clips as one clip the Ken Burns effect would only attach itself to one segment. I will have to read the manual about multicam effects.

After reading your post, I tried putting two pictures in a compound clip, one after the other, and applying Ken Burns to the compound.

To make matters clearer, let's say we start the Ken Burns (green rectangle) showing the whole image, and finish (red rectangle) zoomed in to the bottom left corner.

What I found is that the Ken Burns behavior replicated to both pictures, i.e., at the start the first picture was fully visible,finished zoomed in, then the second picture started fully visible, ended zoomed in.

Then, having a twisted mind as I do, I thought, what the ****, let me put the compound clip *inside* a compund clip - so my timeline is a compound clip containing only one compound clip, which then contains two pictures.

So now I applied the same Ken Burns, but to the external compound clip, and lo and behold, it starts showing the whole (first) picture, and ends (at the end of the second picture) zoomed to the bottom left corner.

Feb 12, 2014 8:47 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Then, having a twisted mind as I do, I thought, what the ****, let me put the compound clip *inside* a compund clip - so my timeline is a compound clip containing only one compound clip, which then contains two pictures.

I don't follow, how do I put a compound clip of three pictures "inside" a compound clip? It sounds like you have my solution, I just don't follow.

Feb 12, 2014 9:32 AM in response to WilliamL

Let me clarify.

Say you have clip A followed by clip B on the timeline.

Select both and hit option-G (or choose from the menu) to create a compound clip - lets call it "Compound(A+B)".

Next, select this new compound clip on your timeline, and hit option-G AGAIN. Call this new compound clip "MetaCompound".

What you end up with is: a compound clip, called "MetaCompound", whose only content is another compound clip

"Compound(A+B)", which in turn contains clips A and B.

(We refer to things like this as "nesting" compound clips, because there are compounds inside compounds)

Multi-clips Ken Burns

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.