Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMessage App does not work on my MacBook Pro running Maverick. Also did not use it before under Mountain Lion. How can I access it and activate?

I have a MacBook Pro running on Maverick OS. I have never used iMessage before.

I now have an iPad and iPhone and want to activate Messages.

I click the Message Icon, but it just goes to the Desktop and does not open. Has anyone

overcome this issue?

Thanks for your assistance.

Vcomguy

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 2:16 PM

2 replies

Feb 12, 2014 1:05 PM in response to vcomguy

Hi,

If you go to the Applications folder and launch the app from there does it work ?

If, for some reason, you moved the app to inside another folder (unused apps or Messaging apps for example) you may find the DOCK icon for it has "lost" contact with the app.

As the app has to be loose in Applications and no in any sub-folder to get updated properly I would move it out of any folder it is in.

If the DOCK icon still will not launch it Click and hold the DOCK icon and Drag it away from the DOCK and then let go (Puff of Smoke Animation)

Then "drag" the app back to the DOCK. This will refresh the icon and the links to the app.

You don't actually move the app doing this but the action creates th icon and the links.

User uploaded file

9:05 pm Wednesday; February 12, 2014

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

My iMessage App does not work on my MacBook Pro running Maverick. Also did not use it before under Mountain Lion. How can I access it and activate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.