Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod touch 5g is FROZEN at the restore screen

So I was restoring/backing up my iPod touch 5th generation (32 gb if that matters) and all of the sudden my MacBook Pro says THIS USB DEVICE IS DRAWING TOO MUCH POWER or such and such. I tried connecting and reconnecting my iPod to iTunes but it won't connect. I tried rebooting but it won't work. I really need help. This is what I listen to for music, games, and my only lifeline! OH! HERE! IT JUST SAID: Because a USB device was drawing too much power from your computer, one or more of your USB devices have been disabled. TO prevent damaging your computer, the USB device drawing too much power has been disabled. WHen you disconnect the device drawing too much power, your other USB devices will be enabled again. COME ON! There's nothing else connected by Bluetooth or USB cable!!!!! PLEASE HELP! Here's a description of the screen: Apple logo with a thin gray bar beneath with 1/16th of it white.

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.4, sucks

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 2:54 PM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2014 3:17 PM in response to lilliefromusa

First get another cable. That error message is likely due to a bad cable. Then if necessary

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

My iPod touch 5g is FROZEN at the restore screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.