Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Notes" folder does not display in my mail app.

Notes created in the default notes app work fine for Gmail--after creation, they sync to gmail and are viewable on the web and in the gmail account in the iPad mail app. As designed, they also do not disappear from the notes app. All good for gmail.

For other email accounts (1and1), the "notes" folder is created and can be seen when accessing the account over the web.

The problem is that the "notes" folder is NOT visible on the iPad. The iPad 'knows' the folder exists because when I tried to create the folder from within the mail app, it told me the folder already existed.

Thanks for your help (hopefully)!

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 6:48 PM

10 replies

Feb 11, 2014 9:27 PM in response to bobseufert

(Response is to bob & lizdance40)

Neither gmail nor yahoo have a notes folder by default -- I have yahoo, and just created a bogus gmail account, and neither have a "notes" folder. My 1and1 accounts have never had a "notes" folder until I created a note for those accounts in the Notes App on iPad, now they do. The folders show up on the web, but not in the iPad mail app.

Message was edited by: Jeff Crayton

Aug 4, 2015 11:33 AM in response to Jeff Crayton

I Have solved this. First, make a copy of all of your notes because you may lose them. You can do this by mailing a copy of each one to yourself. Than go into mail settings, and uncheck notes from each mail account you have, including your Icloud account. This will delete all of the notes off of your iPad. Than go to each mail account you had, and also delete any folder you had called note. This way you are starting fresh. Than reboot your iPad. Go to settings, mail contacts, and choose one mail for back up. I use yahoo mail for notes, and Gmail for calendars and contacts. Only check yahoo for notes, leave it unchecked on every other one or it will stick different notes in different places and be all screwed up. Than go back to settings, and under mail Calendars contacts there is also notes. You want to go under that and make sure tthe default account is your yahoo account. The notes folder will show up in the apple mail app in ten minutes or so. Just remember, if you than uncheck yahoo for backing up your notes they will all disappear off of your iPad, but remain in your yahoo folder.

"Notes" folder does not display in my mail app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.