Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I doing something wrong with my macbook? This is the second time I had to replace my logic board.

This is the second time I'm sending my macbook to a Certified Mac Technician for the same problem, is there something I'm doing to trigger this?

My macbook, when I recieved it had already been initially in need of repairs which were broken glass, and fixing the logic board due to unresponsive SD card readers and USB ports.

it's been literally 6 months since I had it serviced, and now I am sending it back under repair warranty.

The problem occured when I was laying on my side, and the laptop was on it's side as well (USB ports face-down) This is when I had recieved a notification on my desktop that said something along the lines of: USB drawing too much power, USB ports will be unavailable until you unplug the device that is drawing the power."

Sure enough, NOTHING was in the ports, and when I tested it out with my flash drive, it would light up, and then turn off after 3 seconds in one port, and in the other port, the light would refuse to turn off at all.

Take note: The only altercation of my mac device is the charger, but which is indeed a 60watt, even though it is aftermarket. so I believe that isn't the problem regardless if it's made from Apple. and recently, I discover rapid battery drops when I come home, it would be in sleep mode, on 100 percent, but when I come home, the battery would be drained?!?!

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just my sheer luck?!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 11:02 PM

5 replies

Feb 12, 2014 12:16 AM in response to Shadow350

Shadow350,

the correlation exists; the real question is whether causation exists. If the charger is causing logic board malfunctions, then you should consider trying an Apple charger, or purchasing an AppleCare plan before your warranty expires so that you can continue using your aftermarket charger for a couple of more years without worrying about paying for new logic boards. If there is no causation, then perhaps you’ve just been unlucky with the logic boards that you’ve had.

Feb 12, 2014 12:26 AM in response to Shadow350

Shadow350,

there’s not enough information available to draw a conclusion one way or the other, so you’ll need to decide whether you’re content to continue using your aftermarket charger or not. If you prefer to continue using it, then you’ll need to decide what you’re going to do if you continue to have logic board problems once your warranty expires.

Am I doing something wrong with my macbook? This is the second time I had to replace my logic board.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.